Enrollment Form in Glendale, AZ
Canyon Pointe Academy is a tuition-free public charter school. Therefore, admission to Canyon is not limited based upon income level, athletic ability, academic ability, ethnicity, national origin, gender, disabling condition, or proficiency in the English language. In accordance with A.R.S. 15-184(A), Canyon Pointe Academy admits all eligible students who submit timely, completed application (registration) when space is available in the specific program, class, grade level or building. As allowed by ARS 15-184(I), Canyon does not enroll students who have been expelled or are in the process of being expelled from another school.
Canyon provides a demanding academic program with an emphasis on the development of analytical thinking, knowledge, character, and leadership skills. When deciding whether Canyon Pointe Academy is the best fit for your family, we recommend meeting with the principal and attending an orientation. Canyon believes that a motivated student, with parent support, will excel in an environment of high academic and behavioral standards. As a student, you don’t have to possess a special talent or be the smartest person in the class to enroll at Canyon or be successful here. All you need is a desire to be more than you are right now.
Upon receipt of a completed registration, Canyon Pointe Academy’s administration will determine if space is available in the appropriate program/class/grade level and will notify the parent when the student has been accepted. Because we need a completed file to schedule classes, we encourage parents to submit all paperwork at one time. We do not use academic or disciplinary information/records to deny enrollment, except as allowed by ARS 15-184(I). However, a student will lose enrollment status if the enrollment paperwork does not match the academic records from the prior school. For example: If Canyon accepted the student into 4th grade based on enrollment paperwork, but the prior school did not promote the student from 3rd grade to 4th grade, the student forfeits his/her place in Canyon’s 4th grade class and will be placed at the end of the waiting list for 3rd grade.
As allowed by ARS 15-184(I), Canyon Pointe Academy honors the expulsions of other schools/districts and does not enroll students who have been expelled or are in the process of being expelled from another school. Therefore, a student’s file is not complete and the student will not be scheduled for classes until Pointe has been able to review the student’s complete disciplinary record. Our staff also honors the suspensions of other schools/districts. Students who have not been expelled and are not in the process of being expelled but are under active suspension from another school will be admitted if there is space, and required to serve out their suspension by attending Pointe’s OSS Program prior to being scheduled for regular classes or participating in extracurricular and/or campus activities. Additionally, students with prior disciplinary actions may be required to participate in a Preventative Behavior Intervention Program.
A student who has received a failing grade from another school or district may be required to participate in a Preventative Academic Intervention Program. Canyon is not a credit recovery school and does not have a credit recovery program. Students must have credits necessary for their academic program. Therefore, a student’s file is not complete and the student cannot be scheduled for classes until Pointe has been able to review the student’s complete academic record.
Canyon Pointe Academy Enrollment Checklist
For your convenience, we provide a list of the items necessary to complete the student’s file and that we need before the student is scheduled for classes. Only the Student Registration (1), and proof of residency (2) must be submitted for the student’s enrollment application to be considered complete. However, some items must be submitted before the student can attend classes and most families find it easiest to submit all the documents at one time. Contact us if you have any questions for your Glendale or Peoria, AZ student.
- Canyon Pointe Student Enrollment form*.
- Arizona Department of Education Arizona Residency Documentation Form* with copies of documents that satisfy the state requirements for proving Arizona residency (the Affidavit of Shared Residence is included for the convenience of those who need it to prove residency).
- Special Education/504 Information.
- Arizona Department of Education Home Language Survey (English or Spanish).
- Arizona Department of Education Race/Ethnicity Form.
- Proof of immunization: we require up-to-date, complete immunization records before student can attend classes. *Homeless students must provide immunization records within 5 calendar days of enrollment.
- Proof of age and identity*: certified copy of birth certificate, or other reliable evidence of age and identity that must be accompanied by an affidavit explaining why birth certificate is not available (this must be submitted within 30 days of enrollment or the student will be automatically withdrawn).
- Academic Records* (if applicable – unofficial transcript, most recent report card, etc). If this is not provided before the student begins classes, the school reserves the right to change the student’s classes and/or grade level when we receive records from the previous school. This may include withdrawing the student if the correct grade level is already full.
- Disciplinary Records*.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Form.
- Withdrawal Paperwork* (from previous school).
- Custody Paperwork. (if applicable)
*Students without fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residences have the right to Immediate enrollment in the school they last attended or the local school where they are currently staying, even if they do not have all of the documents normally required at the time of enrollment without fear of being separated or treated differently due to their housing situations.